Industrial Fasteners - Capabilities
Risher make use of state of the art Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment to develop and manufacture Hot/cold forged fasteners component part from the simplest to the more complex to the uppermost scale of accuracy and quality in engineering. We are able to take on both large and small machine runs depending on our customer’s exact requirements.
Whatever your application, our CNC machining complements the conventional utensils we use, and allows us to turn out even the most complex fasteners components to extremely fine tolerances. We manage rigid tolerances with in-line automatic gauging systems that offer automatic tool compensation. Poke yokes are used comprehensively to fool proof our lathe processes.
CNC equipment is used to manufacture difficult turning and milling operations at low cost to convert our cold formed near-net shape into the finished product you need on your assembly line.
Risher has the utensils, including the latest CNC technology machines and Automatic Lathes, to manufacture components from the simplest to the most complex. And by keeping up with the latest technology, Risher stays in front to offer speed, accuracy and extremely competitive pricing.
The majority of forging are processed as hot work, at temperatures until 2300 degrees F, however, a distinction of impression die forging is cold forging. Cold forging includes many manufacturing processes – extrusions, bending, cold drawing, cold heading, coining, ironing, punching, piercing and many more, to manufacture a diverse range of component shapes. The temperature of metals being cold forged may range from room temperature to several hundred degrees.
Cold Forging Materials
- High Temperature Alloys, Cobalt based Alloys, Nickel based Alloys and Super Alloys
- Carbon steels like 1008, 1010, 1018, 1020
- 300 and 400 series stainless steel
- Selected aluminum alloys like 6061
- Copper like CA110
Cold Forging Features & Benefits
- Higher production rate with exceptional die life
- Economic advantages
- Finished forging has increased density
- Easy die changing
- Improved surface finish when compared to hot forging
- Pollution countermeasures
- Very tight tolerances as cold forged
- No decarburized layer if no heat-treat required
- Improved product accuracy and longer die life
- Die and feeder safety
- Reduction in costs of secondary operations
- Worker protection
- Smooth material feeding, product removal, and scrap disposal
- Work hardening results in high fatigue strength
- Work hardening results in higher yield strengths
Cold Forging Tolerance
- Diameter tolerance is ±0.0005.
- Lengths & feature to feature position tolerances is ±0.001
Our screw cutting lathe can produce accurate screw threads using a single-point tool mounted on the carriage and driven by a series of gearwheels connected to the mandrel. Risher Engineerings & components can single point screw cut threads to give an accurate, precise thread form, where the customer's specification demands this.
Our turning machines manufactures components by "turning" bar material and feeding a cutting tool into the turning material. In our turning machine the cutter can be fed into the rotating job piece at a various angles and many tool shapes can be used.
Drilling machines are tools that use a cutting attachment to either drill holes or enlarge existing holes into a material.
Our drilling machine features:
- Able to tap and drill thru holes, and blind holes on simple substance materials or composite materials. It is equipped with twist drills for drilling applications.
- Has gantry mobile structure. The X axis, Y axis and Z axis (drill unit) are driven by servo motor through high precision ball bearing screw rod. Its design enables it to carry out automatic and precise positioning and processing. This greatly increases the drilling precision and efficiency. The automatic operation avoids the occurrence of defects associated with manual positioning and drilling errors.
- Work piece-oriented. It is designed on the basis of the characteristics and precision requirements of the work pieces. Its compact and flexible structure enables it to carry out fast drilling in lines, circles and more.
Our Grinding machines features:
- Heavy duty
- Extra large grinding wheel
- Equipped with roller and ball bearings and Fanuc controller.
- Has weights combined with roller bearing on the side of track to reduce the backlash between slideways and guide ways to increase micro feed accuracy.
CNC milling machine can perform those repetitive tasks of drilling and turning. CNC Mills are classified based on the number of axes that they have. Axes are labeled as x and y for horizontal movement, and z for vertical movement.
Basically, CNC milling machine have four axes which are Milling Head Z, Table Z, Table Y, Table X. The quantity of axes a milling machine has is often presented in many different ways.
Benefits of CNC milling machine
- Improve the speed of cut compared to manual operation.
- Accuracy of cut through CNC milling machine with a computer numerically controlled machine.
- Fixed bed, traveling column design
- Optimized to suit a constant moving mass
The most common process of roll forming is thread rolling. Thread rolling is a cold forging process carried out on room temperature blanks. Rotating hardened steel dies are pressed against the surface of cylindrical blank. This is where material is displaced or squeezed in to tools or dies. This displaced material can be formed into various types of threads
Advantages Of Thread Rolling
- Advantages Of Thread Rolling
- Consistent quality
- Reduced manufacturing cost
At Risher, we are much aware advanced technology in many aspects of cold forging machining, there were times when customers demanded greater accuracy and finish to components.
Greater accuracy demand cannot be achieved by CNC or conventional machining. To meet such requirements, we operate in modern Wire and Spark Erosion technology facility.
This facility at Risher Engineering & Components can sustain micron accuracy levels and with the job and the machine table submerged in temperature controlled deionised water, holes can be bored with complete accuracy to any tool or die; no matter what its size or shape.
Spark Erosion machining is a modern machining technique that is used when machining challenging pieces with intricate detail. The process involves both the work piece and the tool being connected to a direct current; this provides a constant spark between the two.
Few features of our Spark Eroding machine are
- Stress relieved rigid steel constructed body
- Precise arc detection circuitry
- Fluid height level protection floater switch.
- Air flow detector stops the machine in case of fan or air filter failure.
- Complete machine stop feature
- Automatic pulse pause time(tb)
- Status and troubleshooting led display indicators.
Centerless grinding is similar to centered grinding except that there is no spindle. This allows high through-put since parts can be quickly inserted and removed from the process. Centerless grinding is used to achieve roundness, surface finish and dimensional tolerances that are among the best available in metal processing. Moreover, the process is able to improve the roundness of out-of-round work piece blanks.
Out state-of-art Screw Cutting machine is capable of cutting an internal or external thread into a cylindrical component. Our machine is capable cutting very accurate various types of screw threads like from common vee threads, square threads, acme threads, buttress threads and multi-start threads.
Our tapping machines can easily handle high pressure and changeable speed modules with the following features:
Our Tapping machine features
- Spindle speed 60~8000 rpm (STD)
- Spindle speed 60~12000 rpm (OPT)
- Rigid tapping
- Spindle nose taper
- 3 axes rapid traverse X, Y, Z
- Fully enclosed heat isolated electric cabinet
- High speed mechanical ATC system
- High performance
- Corrosion resistance
- High efficiency.
A broach is a cutting tool with an array of teeth positioned as row wise, each teeth is slightly larger than its predecessor teeth. One of the essential tools to work with metal is broaching machines. These broaching machines contain a sharp chisel point, which facilitates it to widen holes. This can be useful on a variety of materials including ferrous and non-ferrous materials ranging from copper, alloy to titanium.
Making accurate and complex cuts easy and economical for high-volume parts
They are accurately used to shape work and give the material a sharp finish. These tools are ideal in the manufacture of drive shafts, screw machine parts pulley and so on. These broaching machines generally works in collaboration with other allied devices like pull broacher, surface broacher, broaching presses etc.
Our broaching machines features are
- High broaching speed
- Fixed return speed
- Pressure compensated hydraulic system
- Three point guiding system
- Adapted power and pulling force
- High efficiency using multi broaching process
- Complementary full CNC axis control
- Auxiliary and optional equipment
- Dual palm button control
- Auto pull head capable